Aircraft | English Electric Canberra (1 of 3)

 

...next Canberra page


  

English Electric Canberra PR.9 (XH171) at RAF Museum, Cosford - Click for Full Image

 

English Electric Canberra PR.9 (XH171) at RAF Museum, Cosford.

 

(Picture March 2003)


  

English Electric Canberra B.2 (WH725) at Duxford - Click for Full Image

English Electric Canberra B.2 (WH725) arrived by road at Duxford in 1972. It had served with 15 Squadron from 1953 before joining 50 Squadron in July 1955. It was withdrawn from service in April 1958.

(Picture July 2002)


 

English Electric Canberra PR.3 (WF922) at Midland Air Museum - Click For Full Image

English Electric Canberra PR.3 (WF922) at Midland Air Museum.

(Picture March 2003)


 

English Electric Canberra T.4 (WH846) at Yorkshire Air Museum - Click for Full Image

English Electric Canberra T.4 (WH846) at Yorkshire Air Museum. This variant was a dual control trainer and served with 3 Squadron of the RAF as part of the 2nd Tactical Air Force at Geilenkirchen. It arrived at Elvington in 1988 having been in storage at BAe Samlesbury for a number of years. 

(Picture February 2003)


 

English Electric Canberra T.17 (WH740) at East Midlands Aeropark - Click for Full Image

The English Electric Canberra T.17 (WH740) at East Midlands Aeropark was originally built as a B2 bomber variant in 1954. It served with 18 and 40 Squadrons of the RAF and also served with the Royal New Zealand Air Force. In 1965 it was converted to the T.17 variant for training crews in electronic counter measures.

(Picture April 2003)


 
English Electric Canberra PR.3 (WE139) at Royal Air Force Museum, Hendon - Click for Full Image

English Electric Canberra PR.3 (WE139) at Royal Air Force Museum, Hendon.

(Picture November 2002)


 

English Electric Canberra PR.7 (WH791) at Newark Air Museum - Click for Full Image

English Electric Canberra PR.7 (WH791) at the Newark Air Museum. This aircraft served with 542, 82, 58 and 81 RAF Squadrons before being gate guard at RAF Cottesmore for 26 years. It arrived at Newark in November 1998.

(Picture October 2002)


 
English Electric Canberra T.19 (WH904) at Newark Air Museum - Click for Full Image

English Electric Canberra T.19 (WH904) at the Newark Air Museum was originally built as a B.2 variant in 1953. It served with 207 and 35 Squadron before being converted to a T.11 variant to train radar operators. It became a T.19 variant after further nose changes and later served with 85 Squadron at RAF Binbrook and 7 Squadron RAF St. Mawgen, Cornwall. It was placed in store in 1979 and was donated to the Newark Air Museum in 1985. 

(Picture October 2002)


 
English Electric Canberra B.2/8 (WV787) at Newark Air Museum - Click for Full Image

English Electric Canberra B.2/8 (WV787) at the Newark Air Museum. This aircraft arrived with the RAF in September 1952 as a B.2 variant. It was used as a test bed for Sapphire engines by Armstrong Whitworth. Later it was converted to a B(I).8 variant for use by Ferranti radar development work. It arrived at Newark in 1985.

 

(Picture October 2002)


  

English Electric Canberra TT.18 (WJ639) at North East Air Museum - Click for Full Image

 

English Electric Canberra TT.18 (WJ639) at North East Aircraft Museum.

 

(Picture October 2001)

 
 

...next Canberra page

 

...back to top of page


Home | Museums | Aircraft | Displays | Archive | Links

Site Info | Conditions | What's New

 
Swept Wings Website, 2001-2003 Mark Rogers