Aircraft | Consolidated Catalina

 

Consolidated PBY-6A Catalina (L-866) at Cosford - Click for Full Image

Consolidated PBY-6A Catalina (L-866) at the Royal Air Force Museum at Cosford. This aircraft was built in 1945 and served with the US Naval Air Station at Willow Grove before going into storage in 1953 at Litchfield Park, Arizona. Four years later it was delivered to the Royal Danish Air Force. Following twelve years of service with both 721 and 722 Squadron it was retired when all Catalinas were withdrawn from the Royal Danish Air Force. In 1972 it was sold to the RAF Museum and was flown to the UK in May 1974. The following year it arrived at  Cosford.

 

(Picture May 2003)

 

Home | Museums | Aircraft | Displays | Archive | Links

Site Info | Conditions | What's New

 

Swept Wings Website, 2001-2003 Mark Rogers