Aircraft | Avro Lancaster

 

Avro Lancaster X (KB889) at Duxford - Click for Full Image

Avro Lancaster X (KB889) is part of the Imperial War Museum Collection at Duxford. One of over 400 Lancasters that were built by Victory Aircraft Company in Canada during 1944 it arrived in the UK later that year. Serving with 428 RCAF Squadron at Middleton St. George it later returned to Canada to be used for maritime patrol and spent some time at the Age of Flight Museum at Niagara Falls. Acquired by the Imperial War Museum in 1986 it was subject to a complete rebuild between May 1987 and November 1994 to return it to it's wartime condition. It is displayed in 428 Squadron colours with which it served.
 

 

(Picture March 2003)

 

 


Home | Museums | Aircraft | Displays | Archive | Links

Site Info | Conditions | What's New

 
Swept Wings Website, 2001-2003 Mark Rogers