Aircraft | De Havilland Venom

 

De Havilland Venom NF.3 (WX905) at the Newark Air Museum - Click for Full Image

De Havilland Venom NF.3 (WX905) at the Newark Air Museum served with 23 squadron at RAF Coltishall before later moving with 23 Squadron to RAF Horsham St Faith (now Norwich Airport). It retired to 27 MU at RAF Shawbury before spending many years stored as part of the RAF Museum reserve collection at RAF Henlow in Bedfordshire. It arrived at the Newark Air Museum in 1989.

(Picture February 2003)


 

De Havilland Venom FB.4 (J-17041) at the Royal Air Force Museum, Cosford - Click for Full Image

De Havilland Venom FB.4 (J-17041) at the Royal Air Force Museum, Cosford. This is one of 100 FB.4's built in Switzerland. Delivered in 1956, it served with the Swiss Air Force for 22 years before being presented to the RAF Museum in 1979. Flown back to the UK in June 1979, it was displayed at the International Air Tattoo at Greenham Common that month. It was delivered by road to Cosford in 1980.

(Picture March 2003)

 

Home | Museums | Aircraft | Displays | Archive | Links

Site Info | Conditions | What's New

 
Swept Wings Website, 2001-2003 Mark Rogers