Aircraft | Avro York

 

Avro York C.1 (TS798) at the Royal Air Force Museum, Cosford - Click for Full Image

Avro York C.1 (TS798) was built for the RAF in October 1945. Surplus to RAF requirements it entered civil use with BOAC as G-AGNV, it was subsequently used for training and as a freighter before joining Skyways Ltd in 1955.  After a period of storage at Luton Airport, it's final flight was in October 1964 from Luton to the Skyfame Collection at Staverton, Gloucestershire. It was acquired by the RAF Museum in April 1972 and arrived at Cosford in January 1976.

 

(Picture March 2003)


 

Avro York C.1 (MW232/G-ANTK) at Duxford - Click for Full Image

Avro York C.1 (MW232/G-ANTK) at Duxford was delivered to the RAF in 1946, serving with 242 and 511 Squadrons and also taking part in the Berlin Airlift. It was sold to Dan-Air in 1954 and was acquired by the Duxford Aviation Society in 1986.

 

(Picture May 2003)

 

 


Home | Museums | Aircraft | Displays | Archive | Links

Site Info | Conditions | What's New

 
Swept Wings Website, 2001-2003 Mark Rogers